Join this webinar series, jointly hosted by the SVRI and International Rescue Committee as we learn and reflect on VAW and VAC intersections.
- VAW and VAC researchers and practitioners learn about the shared drivers and theoretical underpinnings of the field
- VAW and VAC researchers and practitioners learn about a field-tested program approach to address co-occurring IPV and child maltreatment, including partnerships and power, capacity strengthening, program structure and outcomes measures and tools
- VAW and VAC researchers and practitioners learn about and reflect on challenges and opportunities for adaptation and scaling up programming on the VAW/VAC intersections
Webinar 1: Shared drivers and norms, but unshared theories: Preventing Co-Occurring Violence against Women and Children
Collaborators: IRC, SVRI, UNICEF and LSHTM
Watch the webinar
Webinar 2: Putting Knowledge into Practice: Program Learning and Trial Outcomes of a Program Model in Humanitarian Settings to Address Co-occurring IPV and Child Maltreatment
Watch the webinar:
- Falb, K., Blackwell, A., Hategekimana, J. D., Roth, D., & O'Connor, M. (2022). Preventing Co-occurring Intimate Partner Violence and Child Abuse in Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo: The Role of Family Functioning and Programmatic Reflections. Journal of interpersonal violence, 8862605221080152. Advance online publication.
- Falb, K., Asghar, K., Pardo, N. M., Hategekimana, J. D., Kakay, H., Roth, D., & O'Connor, M. (2022). Developing an Inclusive Conceptual Model for Preventing Violence in the Home in Humanitarian Settings: Qualitative Findings From Myanmar and the Democratic Republic of Congo. Journal of interpersonal violence, 37(3-4), 1076–1105.
- Asghar, K., Rubenstein, B,, & Stark, L. (2017). Preventing Household Violence: Promising Strategies for Humanitarian Settings. CPC Learning Network, The Alliance for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action, UNICEF, United Nations Children's Fund, USAID, US Agency for International Development.
Webinar 3: Scaling up Programming on VAW and VAC Intersections- Where to from here?
Saturday, May 21, 2022