16th November – 6th December 2020, Izmir, Turkey
The DAWN Training Institute (DTI) is an intensive training programme for young feminist activists and advocates. DTIs are held for three weeks, where young feminists are exposed to theory, discussions and inter-active processes related to feminism, feminist movements, women’s rights, and local and global strategies to achieve social justice.
The DTI is capacity building and a knowledge sharing space where DAWN’s women share with younger feminists from the South the accumulated knowledge, analyses, debates and experiences of DAWN. Its main objectives are:
- to build the capacity of young feminist activists from the Global South, especially in understanding linkages between different issues and advocacy agendas, particularly those concerned with gender justice in its multiple and inter-linked dimensions – economic, political, ecological, social and personal.
- to strengthen feminist advocacy work at global, regional and national level; and to deepen analysis in some complex areas.
- to prepare young feminists for the challenges entailed in working for gender justice in the present global geopolitical and economic context.
The training Institute will be held over a period of almost three weeks. Participants should be prepared for an intensive training programme, involving prior and regular reading during the programme, journal writing, and participation in group exercises.
- Only applications from the economic South will be considered.
- This training programme is intended for young women, including young trans-women.
- Preference will be given to those who are/will be working with civil society organisations and social movements promoting gender justice.
- The applicant’s activist, professional, work experience, as well as future plans will be considered during selection.
- Applicants must be able to communicate fluently in written and spoken English.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 25 to 35 years.
Applications must be received by DAWN by 1st December, 2019.
Only successful applicants will be notified. If you have been selected as part of the first selection list, you will hear from us by April 2020.
For more information and how to apply, visit: https://dawnnet.org/dti-2020/