The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) invites new applications for a Fellowship Programme for LGBTI people. This year, the fellowship is open to trans candidates and will be based in OHCHR headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. The Fellowship will run for 7 months and will be hosted within the Women’s Rights and Gender Section.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the research and analysis of patterns of human rights violations affecting trans people
- Support the implementation of the UN Free & Equal campaign by contributing to the development of public information materials
- Support increased engagement of civil society organizations and human rights defenders working in this field with UN human rights mechanisms including treaty bodies, special procedures and the Universal Periodic Review
- Contribute to the drafting of media releases, newspaper articles, web stories, correspondence, reports, briefing notes, talking points and speeches.
- Contribute to the implementation of OHCHR activities related to the human rights of lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and intersex people.
- Contribute to the broader understanding of gender, which is inclusive of trans and gender non-conforming people, within the overall work of the Section on gender integration.
- Application forms (including part 1 by the candidate and part 2 by the nominating organisation) must be submitted no later than 28 June 2019 to this email address: email@example.com
For more information, visit: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/Issues/Discrimination/Pages/ToRFellowship.aspx