Nominations are open for the Her Abilities Award which is the first global award honouring the achievements of women with disabilities.
Her Abilities will award the achievements of women with disabilities globally from the following three categories:
- Health and Education: Women with disabilities from the health or education sector, including but not limited to: teachers, teaching assistants, headmasters, university professors, doctors, surgeons, nurses, community health workers, etc.
- Rights: Women with disabilities from the advocacy and rights sector, who advocate for the rights of people with disabilities and their inclusion. They could be working for an NGO or charity, a business, within a governmental organisation, or simply in their local communities to achieve vital change.
- Arts, Culture and Sports: Women with disabilities from the arts, culture and sports sectors, including but not limited to: artists, actors, comedians, poets, Paralympians, runners, singers, swimmers, writers, etc.
- Everyone is eligible to nominate except members of the jury.
- Women with disabilities (from the age of 18) can be nominated.
- They must fit into one of the three categories mentioned above.
For more information and how to apply, visit: https://www.her-abilities-award.org/
Closing date: 21 June 2019.