The Research, Monitoring and Evaluation (RM&E) Advisor provides technical and managerial oversight for the research, monitoring and evaluation (M&E) of the Ipas South Africa (SA) program. This position leads the measurement of project, and overall program, results by monitoring indicators through mixed method approaches. The RM&E Advisor manages the regular collection of high-quality data and conducts analyses for donor, stakeholder, and internal reports. S/he is responsible for all research conducted by the Ipas South Africa program to increase knowledge of and access to women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Conducts special studies and research activities of the SA program and provides technical and administrative support to the design, data collection, statistical analysis and reporting. Accountable for compliance on all procedures and formalities on research documents as required.
- Leads in the dissemination and presentation of study and research results and lessons learned, including the sharing of M&E results and research findings to partners and external audiences.
- Ensures that relevant data across all areas of programs are collected through appropriate tools, entered in the Ipas global database, and analyzed effectively to contribute towards decision-making and project planning with program staff
- Spearheads the development and revision of data collection tools and reporting formats and forms in the South Africa program
- Provides technical support for program evaluations and surveys (review of TORs, methodologies, reports), including acting as an internal evaluator, as needed
- Maintains regular communication with RM&E staff in North Carolina (Global) to keep abreast of global RM&E objectives and guidelines and ensuring that global standards are being met
- Leads the development, implementation and maintenance of M&E systems in the SA program with guidance from RM&E staff in NC Global
- Manages (enters, cleans, and conduct quality checks) data through Ipas’s global M&E database, Terra
- Communicates feedback to NC Global RM&E staff on M&E implementation issues in their country-offices
- Effectively engages in organizational meetings, policy discussions, taking additional organizational responsibilities, and representing Ipas SA in various external meetings, workshops, events and interactions
- Effectively contributes to reports and proposal writing for donors and government offices
- Collaborates with other Ipas technical units and country programs to achieve Ipas’s overall objectives
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimal Requirements for Position
- Masters degree in statistics, demography, public health, or other relevant field
- 5 - 7 years of related experience required
- 5 or more years of experience in research, monitoring and evaluation required, reproductive health experience will be an added advantage
- 3 or more years of extensive experience in high level data analysis required
- 3 or more years’ experience supervising data collection systems
- Availability to travel 25% of the time
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheets, word processing and presentation software required (MS Office Suite)
- Working knowledge of high-level computer software packages for data analyses, as well as data interpretation and presentation, Stata preferable
- Strong project management skills and the ability to track multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work successfully in a cross-cultural, team-based, global environment
Ipas is strongly committed to providing a work environment that is free from all forms of harassment, discrimination, and inequity. They recruit, employ, train, promote, and compensate our personnel without regard to race, age, sex, religion, national origin, color, creed, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, military service, disability, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, or any other personal characteristic protected by law or outlined by Ipas policy.
Ipas works globally to improve access to safe abortion and contraception so that every woman and girl can determine her own future. Across Africa, Asia and Latin America, we work with partners to make safe abortion and contraception widely available, to connect women with vital information so they can access safe services, and to advocate for safe, legal abortion. We believe in a world where every woman and girl has the right and ability to determine her own sexuality and reproductive health.
Application deadline: 17 May 2019
To Apply: https://ipas.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/