The Prevention Collaborative seeks to employ a Senior Associate – Accompaniment and Capacity Development.
The Senior Associate will have the following key responsibilities:
- Establish Learning Partnerships: establish a pipeline of potential Learning Partners; network, engage in dialogues and determine good matches between the Collaborative and potential Partners; agree on outcomes; and identify a Prevention Mentor.
- Building on the work we have done to date, develop the framework for the
- Accompaniment process and curate and develop resources to support Mentors and
- Learning Partners to work together in effective, inclusive and participatory ways.
- Lead the support to Prevention Mentors, including maintaining the database, recruiting and training new mentors, coaching Mentors during their engagement, and collaborating with other team members to build community and develop capacity.
- Document and share practice-based learning and partnership experience and results.
- Participate in regular Accompaniment Team and Prevention Collaborative meetings
- Contribute to resource mobilization to support the Accompaniment programme.
They are recruiting individuals with the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- A degree related to VAW or VAC or a related social science subject.
- Good Knowledge of the types, causes and consequences of VAW and/or children as well as familiarity with examples of programmes and initiatives to prevent violence.
- Experience in developing and delivering capacity development initiatives, including both face-to-face and virtual.
- Direct experience of delivering programmes or technical assistance to programmes on gender equality, empowerment and/or violence prevention or response.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships with partners from the Global South.
- Good project management skills.
- Strong team-working skills – including via face-to-face and remote working
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- A commitment to feminist analysis and values.
The Senior Associate – Accompaniment and Capacity Development can be based anywhere in the world. We particularly encourage applicants from the Global South, including the diaspora. This position reports to the Director of Strategy and Operations, based in Ottawa, Canada. The initial contract will be for a period of 6 months, with the potential to renew for 12 months.
For more information and how to apply, visit: https://www.svri.org/sites/default/files/attachments/2019-05-14/2019-05-08%20Prevention%20Collaborative%20Accompaniment%20Lead.pdf
Closing date: 31 May 2019.