It is our pleasure to advise you that The SVRI Research Grant 2022 call for proposals is now open.
The grant is dedicated to funding innovative research that contributes to the prevention and response of violence against women (VAW), violence against children (VAC), and other forms of violence driven by gender inequality in low and middle-income countries.
Essential details on the grant value, duration, and application process:
Applicants can apply for grants between $40,000 to $200,000 for projects that are not longer than 24 months. The common characteristic of these awards is the provision of limited funding for a short period of time to research projects with clear, measurable outcomes.
All applications must be submitted by midnight (South African time) on 2 August 2021. Only applications submitted via the online system before the stated closing date and time will be considered.
Applications must be made via the ProposalCentral online system and can be submitted in English, French and Spanish. All information needed for proposal submission is available in the English, French and Spanish versions at The SVRI Research Grant 2022. Documents can also be downloaded here
Key principles for projects supported by The SVRI Research Grant
- Apply feminist and women-centred research and partnerships that promote gender equality and help to challenge the gender hierarchy that contributes to VAW and VAC.
- Be conceptualised within a human rights framework and adhere to safety and ethical guidelines.
- Strive for innovation in ideas, new methodologies and partnerships that build evidence and enhance policy, programmes, services and access to comprehensive care and support for survivors.
- Strive to be collaborative, cross-sectoral and multi-disciplinary.
- Promote equitable participation and bring to the field diverse voices from low and middle-income countries (researchers, survivors, marginalised groups).
We thank you in advance for your interest and for helping us to achieve The SVRI Research Grant 2022 mission – to strengthen knowledge for action to end violence against women and violence against children.
For further information about our work and The SVRI Research Grant, please email email@example.com.
Stay healthy, stay strong, stay connected.