Introducing the SVRI
With over 8500 members the Sexual Violence Research Initiative (SVRI) is the largest global network for advancing research on violence against women (VAW), violence against children (VAC) and other forms of violence driven by gender inequality. The SVRI brings together a diverse group of actors aiming to achieve a world free of violence against women and violence against children through innovative responses and prevention programmes informed by evidence, with a focus on low and middle-income countries (LMIC).
The SVRI is a not-for-profit network for researchers, practitioners, activists, funders and others in our community to share, learn and connect. Our work clusters around four pillars: Building evidence; strengthening capacity; promoting partnerships; and, influencing change to ensure policy and programmes are evidence informed, sustainable at scale and rooted in strategic partnerships that will drive action at local levels. All work undertaken and supported by SVRI strives to be feminist-centred, rights-based, innovative, collaborative, equitable and held to the highest ethical standards.
The culture of our organisation seeks an individual who embraces creativity, ethics, feminist-centred work and approaches. We are a growing organisation with a small core team but have an extensive global network. Commitment to diversity and gender equality is core to the culture of SVRI.
Purpose of the Role
The administrator is responsible for running and coordinating the day-to-day administrative duties of the organisation. This will include managing office expenses, ensuring that office equipment is functional closely supporting with payments to and ensuring that service provider invoices and payments are managed according to Service Level Agreements, and the management of travel logistics. The role reports to the Operations Director and is based in Pretoria
- Provides administrative support to the Operations Director.
- Establishes and maintains relevant manual and online filing systems.
- Manages the logistics for all travel arrangements for staff such as booking flights, cars, and hotel.
- Monitoring the current inventory, ordering supplies, and scheduling deliveries to ensure that the SVRI and its team has access to sufficient supplies for all necessary materials and or equipment.
- Anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Ensures that all equipment is operational, by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, formatting documents and saving on OneDrive and Salesforce
- Maintains SVRI assets register.
- Maintains leave register.
- Managing diaries, scheduling meetings and events, and booking rooms.
- Compiling meeting minutes.
- Assists with data collection for monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Assists with any other administrative duties as required by the SVRI and its affiliated programs
- Assists with bookkeeping, including processing of suppliers/consultants’ invoices and uploading payments on the SVRI online banking system.
- Ensuring payments are accurate and aligned to SVRI standards.
- Prepares invoices for submission to SVRI partners.
- Ensure that procurement processes are aligned with SVRI standards and that all payments are compliant.
- Preparation of the monthly financial files for the accountants.
- Supports with integrity, the handling of any cash and payments.
Key Performance Indicators
- Smooth running of office logistics and that the needs of the SVRI are managed efficiently.
- SVRI administrative duties are carried out in a timely and professional manner.
- SVRI procurement activities are in line with policies.
- SVRI assets register are kept updated.
- Ensures that all payment requests are accurate and in line with bank requirements.
- Invoices accurately reflect relevant information and are processed on time.
- SVRI filing system are organised and maintained.
- Diploma in administration or equivalent education required
- 5 - 10 years of administration experience
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of appropriate software including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat
- Asset control experience will be advantageous
- Managing office and administration processes
- Planning and organising
- Attention to detail
- Continuous learning mindset
- Use of cloud-based technology
- Working effectively under pressure
- Fluency in English is required
- Market related salary on offer
- Pretoria, South Africa
How to Apply:
- Interested applicants should submit their Curriculum Vitae, and a motivation letter detailing experience and contact details of 3 references to the SVRI via email at email@example.com with subject line Application: Administrator.
- Closing date for applications is 30 November 2022.
- Employment will depend on a valid work permit being in place.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The SVRI reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more information on the role and salary package please email Nomsa Mokhele at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the Administrator job description here.